Associations Service Providers
Regimental Association of The Ulster Defence Regiment
The aims are:
- To provide opportunities for members to meet and keep in touch, through organised social events and other activities.
- To maintain contact with former members of The Regiment, their families and dependants; and in cases of need, to provide assistance by the most appropriate means whether or not the person is a member of the Association.
- To bring to the attention of the relevant authorities any cases, which come to the notice of the Association, of former members of HM Forces requiring assistance.
- To support The Ulster Defence Regiment Benevolent Fund.
- To support The Royal Irish Regiment.
In the future (by end Aug 2007) much of this work will be undertaken by the joint UDR/R IRISH aftercare service.
Assistant Regimental Secretary (UDR), Headquarters, The Royal Irish Regiment, St Patrick's Barracks, Ballymena, Co Antrim, BT43 7BH, Northern Ireland (Map)
028 2566 1386
The Combined Irish Regiments Association
The Association exists:
- To perpetuate and honour the memory of all who made the supreme sacrifice whilst serving in an Irish Regiment of the British Army, including those Regiments disbanded in 1922.
- To perpetuate and honour the memory of all those who have died subsequent to serving in an Irish Regiment of the British Army.
- To commemorate and perpetuate the traditions of all those Regiments.
- To sustain and enhance that singular elan and esprit-de-corps distinguishing all Irish Regiments.
- To perpetuate the tradition, commenced in 1922 by the Royal Irish Regiment (18th Foot) of organising an Annual Commemorative Parade and Service of Remembrance on a Sunday in June at the Cenotaph in Whitehall, London, where wreaths are laid on behalf of all Irish Regiments of the British Army.
- To create and foster a brotherhood of all ranks who have served in an Irish Regiment.
- To provide opportunities for members to keep in touch through organised events and activities.
Membership of the Association is open to all Officers, Warrant Officers, NCOs and other ranks of the Regular Army and Reserves who are currently serving or who have served in an Irish Regiment of the British Army.
4th (Royal Irish) Dragoon Guards
4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards
6th (Inniskilling) Dragoon Guards
5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards
The Royal Dragoon Guards
5th (Royal Irish) Lancers
16th/5th The Queen's Royal Lancers
The Queen's Royal Lancers
8th (King's Royal Irish) Hussars
The Queen's Royal Irish Hussars
The Queen's Royal Hussars (The Queen's Own and Royal Irish)
The North Irish Horse
The South Irish Horse
The Irish Guards
The Royal Irish Regiment (18th) The Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers (27th)
The Royal Irish Rifles
The Royal Ulster Rifles
The Royal Irish Fusiliers (Princess Victoria's)
The Connaught Rangers
The Prince of Wales' Leinster Regiment (Royal Canadians)
The Royal Munster Fusiliers
The Royal Dublin Fusiliers
The London Irish Rifles
The Liverpool Irish
The Tyneside Irish
The Royal Irish Rangers (27th (Inniskilling) 83rd & 87th)
The Ulster Defence Regiment
The Royal Irish Regiment (27th (Inniskilling) 83rd & 87th and The Ulster Defence Regiment)
Contact Secretary via email or fax. See the website (Map)
fax: +44 (0) 20 8245 2528